Welcome to The Pointe at Valley Ranch Town Center! We strive to help ensure mutual accountability and responsibility for the benefit of all our residents and tenants. It is imperative that our residents and tenants fully understand and acknowledge our pet- and animal-related policies. This also includes residents and tenants who do not own a pet or animal. We require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This quick and easy process ensures we have your pet- and animal-related policy acknowledgments, pet/animal history and records, as well as legal attestation of truthfulness and accuracy on file. To start, please select one of the three options below that best describes you:
This is a required application process for anyone that does NOT own a pet or animal. There is no cost ($) to you for completing the application process
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
Comprehensive Pet & Animal Policy
Everyone is required to register regardless of whether or not they have an animal living with them & whether or not they have an Assistance or Service Animal. This requirement is non-negotiable and is meant to assist the management office with identifying lost or missing pets, help us to redirect animal owners who occasionally forget to follow the rules, and aid us in respecting the work of Assistance or Service Animals in our community. The rules of the ANIMAL ADDENDUM apply separately and individually to each domestic household animal. Assistance or Service Animals are considered to be an extension of the owner or handler, in which case there is no requirement for the owner or handler to complete the Animal Addendum. Pet fees, monthly pet rent & pet security deposits are not required for Assistance or Service Animalsbreed restrictions apply.
Breed restrictions apply to domestic animals. No aggressive breeds allowed.
The majority of liability renter's insurance policies outline "special conditions & exclusions" to coverage as it relates to animals. Any animal listed as an "exclusion" from the required $100,000 renter's liability policy coverage--will not be considered & will be prohibited. The list of excluded breeds is widely considered to be a financial risk to insurers. Proof of the renter's liability policy coverage is required for the entire term of residency. We will require proof of coverage (Declaration Page as well as "Exclusions" applying to coverage).
Please note: We consider animals a serious responsibility and a risk to each resident in the dwelling. If you do not properly control and care for an animal, you'll be liable if it causes damages or disturbs other residents.
As per our TAA Texas Apartment Association -ANIMAL ADDENDUM (@2019 TEXAS APARTMENT ASSOCIATION, INC.) with specific requirements for The Pointe -Valley Ranch Town Center in reference to animal deposits, additional monthly pet rent & pet fees.
3. Conditional Authorization for Animal. You may keep the animal or animals described below in the dwelling until the Lease Contract expires. We may terminate this authorization sooner if your right of occupancy is lawfully terminated or if in our judgment you, your animal, your guest , or any occupant violates any of the rules in this addendum.
4. Animal Deposit. You must pay a one-time animal deposit of $0.00 when you sign this addendum. This deposit adds to your total security deposit under the Lease Contract, and we consider that total balance a general security deposit for all purposes. Refund of the total security deposit is subject to the terms and conditions in the Lease Contract, and this animal-deposit portion of the total deposit is not separately refundable even if the animal is removed.
5. Assistance or Service Animals. When allowed by applicable laws, we may require written verification of or make other inquiries regarding the disability-related need for an assistance or service animal for a person with a disability. We will not charge an animal deposit, additional rent, or other fee for any authorized assistance or service animal. Except as provided by applicable law, all other provisions of this addendum apply to assistance or service animals.
6. Search and Rescue Dogs. We may ask the handler of a search and rescue dog for proof he or she is a person with a certification issued by a nationally recognized search and rescue agency before we authorize a search and rescue dog. If we authorize a search and rescue dog, we will not charge an animal deposit, additional rent or other fee for any such dog. Except as provided by applicable law, all other provisions of this addendum apply to search and rescue dogs.
7. Additional Monthly Rent. Your total monthly rent (as stated in the Lease Contract) will be increased by $20.00 per pet.
8. Additional Fee. You must also pay a one-time nonrefundable fee of $400.00 per pet to keep the animal in the dwelling unit. The fee is due when you sign this addendum.
9. Liability Not Limited. The additional monthly rent and additional security deposit under this Animal Addendum do not limit residents' liability for property damage, cleaning, deodorization, defleaing, replacements, or personal injuries.
10. Description of Animal. You may keep only the animal or animals described below. You may not substitue any other animal. Neither you nor your guests or occupants may bring any other animal--mammal, reptile, bird, amphibian, fish, rodent, arachnid, or insect --into the dwelling or apartment community.
Animal's name: ____________________________
City of license: ____________________________
License #: ________________________________
Date of last rabies shot: ______________________
Animal owner's name: _______________________
11. Special Provisions: The following special provisions control over any conflicting provisions of this addendum:
The assumption will be that the resident does not have a household animal residing in the apartment dwelling, unless the Animal Addendum has been completed. The Animal Addendum does not apply to approved Assistance or Service Animals or Search & Rescue Dogs.
12. Emergency. In an emergency involving an accident or injury to your animal, we have the right--but not the duty--to take the animal to the following veterinarian for treatment, at your expense.
Phone: (_____) ___________________________
13. Animal Rules. You are responsible for the animal's actions at all times.
You agree to follow these rules:
13.1 Shots and Licenses. The animal at all times must have current rabies shots and licenses required by law. You must show us
evidence of the shots and licenses if we ask.
13.2 Disturbances. The animal must not disturb the neighbors or other residents, regardless of whether the animal is inside or outside
13.3 Housebreaking, Cages, Offspring. Dogs, cats, assistance or service animals, and search and rescue dogs must be housebroken. All
other animals must be caged at all time. No animal offspring are allowed.
13.4 Indoor Waste Areas. Inside, the animal may urinate or defecate only in these designated areas: Litter Box and/or Pet Pads
13.5 Outdoor Waste Areas. Outside, the animal may urinate or defecate only in these designated areas: Area along north rear fence
line and/or other specifically designated pet relief sites.
13.6 Tethering. Animals may not be tied to any fixed object anywhere outside the dwelling units, except in fenced yards (if any) for your
13.7 Off-Limit Areas. You must not let an animal --other than an assistance animal or service animal --into swimming-pool areas,
laundry rooms, offices, clubrooms, other recreational facilities, or other dwelling units besides your own, except that search and
rescue dogs shall be allowed to use the areas of the property accessible to the general public, such as the leasing office. Certain
service animals in training shall be allowed to use those areas when accompanied by an approved trainer.
13.8 Food & Water. Your animal must be fed and given water inside the dwelling unit. You may not leave animal food or water outside
the dwelling unit at anytime, except in fenced yards (if any) for your exclusive use.
13.9 Leash. You must keep the animal on a leash and under your supervision when outside the dwelling or in any private fenced area.
We or our representative may pick up unleashed animals, report them to the property authorities, or do both. We'll charge you a
reasonable fee for picking up and keeping unleashed animals.
13.10 Animal Waste. Unless we have designated a particular area in your dwelling unit or on the grounds for animal defecation and
urination, you are prohibited from letting an animal defecate or urinate anywhere on our property and you must take the animal
off our property for that purpose. If we allow animal defecation inside the unit, you must ensure that it's done in a litter box with a
kitty-litter type mix. If the animal defecates anywhere on our property (including in a fenced yard for your exclusive use), you must
immediately remove the waste and repair any damage. In addition to the terms of this addendum, you must comply with all local
ordinances regarding animal defecation.
14. Additional Rules. We may make reasonable changes to the animal rules from time to time if we distribute a written copy of any changes to every resident who is allowed to have animals.
15. Violation of Rules. If you, your guest, or any occupant violates any rule or provision of this addendum (in our judgment) and we give you written notice of the violation, you must remove the animal immediately and permanently from the premises. We also have all other rights and remedies set forth in paragraph 27 of the Lease Contract, including eviction and recovering damages and attorney's fees from you.
16. Complaints About Animal. If we receive a reasonable complaint from a neighbor or other resident or if we, in our sole discretion, determine that the animal has disturbed neighbors or other residents, we will give you written notice and you must immediately and permanently remove the animal from the premises.
17. Our Removal of an Animal. In some circumstances, we may enter the dwelling unit and remove the animal within one day after leaving a written notice in a conspicuous place.
17.1 Causes for Removal. We can remove an animal under this paragraph if, in our sole judgment, you have:
(A) abandoned the animal;
(B) left the animal in th edwelling unit for an extended period of time wthout food or water;
(C) failed to care for a sick animal;
(D) violated our animal rules; OR
(E) let the animal defecate or urinate where it's not allowed.
17.2 Removal Process. To remove an animal, we must follow the procedures in paragrpahs 27 and 28 of the Lease Contract, and we
may turn the animal over to a humane society or local authority. We'll return the animal to you upon request if we haven't
already turned it over to a humane society or local authority. We don't have a lien on the animal for any purpose, but you must
pay for reasonable care and kenneling charges for the animal. If you don't pick up the animal within five days after we remove it,
it will be considered abandoned.
18. Liability for Damage, Injuries, Cleaning. Except for reasonable wear and tear resulting from an assistance or service animal, you and all coresidents are jointly and severally liable for the entire amount of any damage the animal causes, including cleaning, defleaing, or deodorizing. This provision applies to all parts of the dwelling unit including carpets, doors, walls, drapes, wallpaper, windows, screens, furniture, and appliances as well as landscaping and other outside improvements. If an item cannot be satisfactorily cleaned or repaired, you must pay for us to replace it. Payment for damage, repairs, cleaning, replacements, and the like are due immediately upon demand. As the owner, you're strictly liable for the entire amount of any injury that your animal causes to another person or to anyone's property. You indemnify us for all costs of litigation and attorney's fees resulting from any such injury or damage.
19. Move-Out. Except for reasonable wear and tear resulting from an assistance or service animal, when you move out, you'll pay for delfeaing, deodorizing, and shampooing to protect future residents from possible health hazards, regardless of how long the animal was there. We--not you--will arrange for these services.
20. Multiple Residents. Each resident who signed the Lease Contract must also sign this addendum. You, your guests, and any occupants must follow all animal rules. Each resident is jointly and severally liable for damages and all other obligations set forth in this addendum, even if the resident does not own the animal.
21. Dog Park. We may provide an area to be used as a dog park. While using the park, you will be required to supervise your dog, but may remove the leash. Leashes must be used while traveling to and from the park. The park is not supervised or monitored in any way, and you use the park at your own risk. We are not liable for any injury, damage or loss to any person, animal or property caused by any other person or animal, including, but not limited to, dog bite, trespass, assault or any other crime. Furthermore, we are not liable for any disruption in the park's operation or performance. You hereby release us and our agents, contractors, employees and representatives from any liability connected with the park. You agree to be responsible for any property damage caused by you, your guests or other occupants to the park. You understand that participating in any activity at the park carries a risk of injury, and you are willing to assue the risk. We make no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the park.
22. General. You acknowledge that no other oral or written agreement exists regarding animals. Except for anyt special provisions noted in paragrpah 11 above, our representive has no authority to modify this addendum or the animal rules except in writing as described under paragraph 14. This Animal Addendum and the animal rules are considered part of the Lease Contract described above.